Advice for Community Sport Activities – Thursday 6-5-2021 5pm until Monday 10-5-2021
The Office of Sport has sought clarification from NSW Health and can advise the following information relating to community sport and recreation activities at indoor venues:
- People attending indoor venues are required to wear a mask. This includes indoor recreation facilities, gyms and pools.
- People engaging in exercise or physical activity at all indoor venues (i.e. training or competing) will not be required to wear a mask while engaging in the activity.
- Spectators WILL be required to wear a mask at indoor venues.
- The mask wearing requirement will not apply to:
- a person aged 12 years or under and/or
- a person with a physical or mental health illness or condition, or disability, that makes wearing a fitted face covering unsuitable including, for example, a skin condition, an intellectual disability, autism or trauma.