The IHNSW Green Jersey program started in 2019.
The aim of the program is to encourage more junior players to try officiating in a model where they are:
- Provided training from experience Referees
- Provided support and mentoring from experienced Referees on game day
- Officiating the non-competitive grades to minimise pressure to be perfect
- Full ice and cross ice officiating options
- Zero tolerance to abuse
- Support the progression from green jersey to Referee;
in the hopes that the Green Jerseys are confident and comfortable to move into Refereeing when they turn 18.